Dr Roy Spencer with a very humorous summing up of the disconnect in 2014. Sometimes it is better just to laugh.*
Top 10 lists are popular this time of year, so I gave in to the peer pressure. Here’s my Top 10 list of totally true climate stories of 2014. Kind of like that movie “Fargo”, which was not “based on a true story”, but was a totally “true story”.
10. Weather did not even occur before Henry Ford automated the production of the automobile. No, really, look it up.
9. Climate modelers discovered that the Earth is not warming nearly as fast as their models predicted. A multi-billion dollar effort is now underway to make the climate system warm even faster.
7. Global sea ice reached a near record maximum, due to a bust-gut effort by Exxon-Mobil which has been making ice cubes in China and shipping them to the poles.
3. Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists surveyed agreed that if the global warming issue (and their government funding) went away, their careers would end.
2. The 420th U.N. climate meeting in Lima, Peru, was finally made carbon-neutral with jet travel fueled by methane gathered from unicorn herds, and carbon offsets purchased from Al Gore which will go toward planting of 5.3 billion trees which never die…
Follow the link below for the carbon winner and the rest of the list
* as long as we remember the consequences of ‘inaction’ on climate. Josh summed up the crossroads we face quite poignantly
Following the IPCC Synthesis Report we have had many catastrophists describing the impacts of climate change as ‘Irreversible’ and using the phrase ‘Immorality of inaction’ – I can certainly think of some irreversible impacts that require more immediate action.