“This assessment concludes, based on extensive evidence, that it is extremely likely that green ideology, especially the imposition of unworkable renewables and taxes, are the dominant cause of the observed hysteria since the mid-20th century. For the lunacy over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.”
“Grid instability is happening. It’s real. It’s our fault because we’re putting a lot of renewables in the system. And we are not doing a lot to stop doing that”
“Energy instability is no longer some far-off problem; it is happening here, it is happening now”
By Paul Homewood
- Lightning was the original cause, even though such strikes are perfectly common, and do not usually result in such catastrophic blackouts
- Hornsea wind farm tripped first, contrary to original reports.
- They still don’t seem to know exactly why either Hornsea or Little Barford tripped, though it was obviously due to the lightning.
- Along with the loss of 500MW of small embedded generation (wind and solar), the total loss was about 1878MW
- National Grid has 1000MW of automatic back up power available, incl 472MW of battery storage. Clearly this was not enough.
- Following the lightning strike, the grid’s protection systems worked properly
Certain aspects don’t seem to have been highlighted:
- When Hornsea wind farm is fully operational in the next year or so, it will have capacity of 1200MW. In addition, Hornsea Project 2, due on line in 2024, will have…
View original post 139 more words